Beyond the Eye of Chaos
In Beyond the Eye of Chaos,
an expedition called the Valkyries, working for the immortals, are sent the long way around to explore what lies on the other end of the sealed-off wormhole from Sol.
In Part 1,
the Valkyries live in a virtual world while in suspended animation en route to their destination, and have to keep one member from getting off-mission therein.
- In Episode 1, the Valkyries live in a virtual world while in suspended animation en route to their destination, most of them living lives of peace, until the youngest, Dom, goes looking for trouble.
- In Episode 2, the rest of the Valkyries must better learn the nuances of combat in the virtual world so as to pursue after Dom and get him back on track with the mission.
- In Episode 3, Dom reaches the "hell" of the virtual world, and finds the "Queen" thereof, until the rest of the Valkyries catch up to him in time to arrive at their destination.
In Part 2,
the Valkyries arrive at their destination, get shot down to the one inhabitable planet in that star system, and meet the unusual variety of local species there.
- In Episode 1, the Valkyries awaken from stasis as their ship arrives in an alien star system, and upon investigating the system's one inhabitable planet their lander is shot down to it.
- In Episode 2, the Valkyries crash land on the alien planet, meet a variety of sapient local species, and learn that there is some past connection between these aliens and their superiors.
- In Episode 3, the Valkyries set off across the alien planet in search of a way to escape from it, venturing through the ruins of a much more advanced alien civilization.
In Part 3,
the Valkyries discover a way off the alien planet and back to Sol, and learn the surprising connection between the histories of this world and of humanity.
- In Episode 1, the Valkyries find their way into an underground alien city and begin to contemplate their fate, until their AI establishes communication with an alien AI.
- In Episode 2, the Valkyries learn through their AI that this alien city is actually an enormous alien ship, the AI in control of which offers to take them home.
- In Episode 3, the Valkyries superiors back at Sol won't let the alien ship pass through the wormhole, and after a confrontation, they ask the ship to take them home the long way.
- In Part 1, the Valkyries live in a virtual world while in suspended animation en route to their destination, and have to keep one member from getting off-mission therein.