The Birth of Another World
In The Birth of Another World,
an immersive virtuality world is constructed, then improved over time thanks to the feedback of its beta testers, and eventually becomes an artificial afterlife.
In Part 1,
ordinary people Tom and Xiuying separately beta test an immersive virtual reality being built at the behest of ancient immortals looking to build an artificial afterlife.
- In Episode 1, Tom and Xiuying separately weigh major life decisions, while the immersive virtuality platform Virtuality is developed, until they are accepted as beta testers.
- In Episode 2, Tom and Xiu both begin beta testing the flagship Virtuality world, the Sphidiverse, and that world is adapted to provide balance and purpose to users like them.
- In Episode 3, A special new team of testers begin testing, while Tom and Xiu grow dissatisfied with the lack of the promised immersion, until the brain-computer interface is finally finished.
In Part 2,
the virtual reality platform called Virtuality and its flagship world called the Sphidiverse becomes fully operational, while Tom and Xiu continue to explore it.
- In Episode 1, Tom and Xiu both finally experience the fully immersive virtual world that promises to relieve them of their respective major life problems.
- In Episode 2, Tom undergoes a traumatic experience in the virtual world that demonstrates that the full immersiveness it offers can be as painful as it is pleasurable.
- In Episode 3, both the users of Virtuality and the system itself adapt to help everyone avoid unpleasantness like that that Tom has recently experienced.
In Part 3,
mind-uploaded Xiuying adjusts to her new "afterlife", the virtual world goes public, and the true motives behind the construction of the virtual world are revealed.
- In Episode 1, Xiuying becomes one of the first mind-uploaded users of Virtuality, and suffers something of an existential crisis on the process thereof.
- In Episode 2, Virtuality becomes available to the public, society adapts to its existence, and one secret purpose of it is brought to fruition.
- In Episode 3, the darker secret purpose behind Virtuality's creation becomes apparent, as the immortal Xio behind it all offloads the mind of his mad dead lover into the virtual world.
- In Part 1, ordinary people Tom and Xiuying separately beta test an immersive virtual reality being built at the behest of ancient immortals looking to build an artificial afterlife.