The Darklight Series
In the Darklight series,
the surviving remnant of the virtual afterlife becomes corrupted and forgets that it is virtual, growing more hellish until the prophesied Queen of Hell nearly destroys it all.
In Falling of the Darklight,
the surviving remnant of the virtual afterlife becomes corrupted and in time gradually forgets that it is virtual, except for two holdouts, Tom and Xiuying.
- In Part 1, the Eldest saves what he can of the virtual afterlife for the sake of his love, but betrayal by the artificial "goddesses" of that world brings everything to ruin.
- In Part 2, the goddesses Fire and Ice divide the surviving souls into the peoples who come to be called Elves and Vampires, and turn them against each other.
- In Part 3, the Elves and Vampires make war against each other, creating "Men" and "Orcs" as accidental byproducts, until the Vampires are thought exctinct and the Elves driven into isolation.
In Nadir of the Darklight,
Tom and Xiu are drawn into the growing conflicts of the hell that has forgotten that it isn’t real, and eventually “die” and lose their memories of reality as well.
- In Part 1, the ghost of the wizard Thomas recruits supporters to free his imprisoned body by recounting the story of how he inadvertantly began this war against the Orcs.
- In Part 2, humble farmer John is conscripted into the Chalman army to fight the Orcs, where he meets a camp follower "Tamara" who is secretly the wizard Thomas.
- In Part 3, John joins Thomas' ragtag resistance group to seek out another ancient magician, the "Pseudo-Witch", and learns the terrible truth about their world along the way.
In Rising of the Darklight,
Tom and Xiu are reincarnated within the virtual afterlife, and play a part in unchaining the tortured soul for whom it was first built, who in turn destroys all of it from inside.
- In Part 1, half-elven Murdock ventures from the elf-lands in search of his human father, where he is recruited into the Church of the Eldest and discovers a sinister vampire plot.
- In Part 2, Murdock discovers the Vampire Queen's lieutenant is his half-sister, and sways her to his side, before a war breaks out between vampires and elves.
- In Part 3, Murdock and Annabelle follow after the fleeing Vampire Queen and the abducted Elven King, where they witness the rebirth of the Queen of Hell.
- In Falling of the Darklight, the surviving remnant of the virtual afterlife becomes corrupted and in time gradually forgets that it is virtual, except for two holdouts, Tom and Xiuying.