Falling of the Darklight
In Falling of the Darklight,
the surviving remnant of the virtual afterlife becomes corrupted and in time gradually forgets that it is virtual, except for two holdouts, Tom and Xiuying.
In Part 1,
the Eldest saves what he can of the virtual afterlife for the sake of his love, but betrayal by the artificial "goddesses" of that world brings everything to ruin.
- In Episode 1, the creation of the virtual afterlife and its eventual collapse to a mere remnant is narrated in mythologized form by descendants of survivors in that remnant.
- In Episode 2, the Queen of Hell causes trouble with the survivors in the early remnant of the virtual world, until Xio, "the Eldest", is forced to seal her in her own realm.
- In Episode 3, the "goddesses" of Fire and Ice are perverted by the Queen of Hell into overthrowing the Eldest, then seize control of the virtual world for themselves.
In Part 2,
the goddesses Fire and Ice divide the surviving souls into the peoples who come to be called Elves and Vampires, and turn them against each other.
- In Episode 1, Fire and Ice pour their powers into a pair of gems that corrupt their bearers and all those around them into polar opposite beings.
- In Episode 2, one group of survivors in one of the lands sundered during the fall of the Eldest are corrupted by the Gem of Ice to become the first Elves.
- In Episode 3, another group of survivors in the other of the sundered lands are corrupted by the Gem of Fire to become the first Vampires.
In Part 3,
the Elves and Vampires make war against each other, creating "Men" and "Orcs" as accidental byproducts, until the Vampires are thought exctinct and the Elves driven into isolation.
- In Episode 1, the lands of Elves and Vampires collide, and respectively appalled by the corrupted peoples they find when they meet, they make war against each other.
- In Episode 2, Orcs and "Humans" are born of magical attacks between Elves and Vampires, as the Fire King and Ice Queen slay each other and the Gems are lost.
- In Episode 3, Orcs and "Humans" come to dominate the virtual world as the interminable war between Elves and Vampires gradually peters out due to attrition.
- In Part 1, the Eldest saves what he can of the virtual afterlife for the sake of his love, but betrayal by the artificial "goddesses" of that world brings everything to ruin.