Nadir of the Darklight
In Nadir of the Darklight,
Tom and Xiu are drawn into the growing conflicts of the hell that has forgotten that it isn’t real, and eventually “die” and lose their memories of reality as well.
In Part 1,
the ghost of the wizard Thomas recruits supporters to free his imprisoned body by recounting the story of how he inadvertantly began this war against the Orcs.
- In Episode 1, ancient wizards "Thomas" and "Pseudo", actually Tom and Xiu, seek bearers for the Gems of Fire and Ice, with which to heal their broken world.
- In Episode 2, Thomas' chosen Gem-bearer, the prince of Chalmany, is corrupted by his newfound might, seizes political power, and tries to kill Thomas when he opposes him.
- In Episode 3, the Chalman prince successfully conquers all of the "human" lands, and even seems to permanently subdue Thomas despite his unique arcane powers.
In Part 2,
humble farmer John is conscripted into the Chalman army to fight the Orcs, where he meets a camp follower "Tamara" who is secretly the wizard Thomas.
- In Episode 1, a humble farmer named John is conscripted to fight in the Chalman war against the Orcs of the west, but begins to have doubts about the justice of that cause.
- In Episode 2, John meets a camp-follower named Tamara, in whom he confides his doubts, and who turns out to actually be the wizard Thomas in disguise.
- In Episode 3, Thomas introduces John to his ragtag gang of warrior-pacifists, and tells them something of the secret history of the world, before being turned mortal by an elf.
In Part 3,
John joins Thomas' ragtag resistance group to seek out another ancient magician, the "Pseudo-Witch", and learns the terrible truth about their world along the way.
- In Part 1, Thomas' resistance group seek out his counterpart "Pseudo", and Thomas dies along the way, but not before intimating a terrifying secret.
- In Part 2, the surviving resistance finds Pseudo at last, who explains more of the secret intimated by Thomas, before all of them but John are killed by the Chalman army.
- In Part 3, John is pressed back into service for Chalmany through to the war's conclusion, resolving to fight to live so that someone will remember the terrible truth he has learned.
- In Part 1, the ghost of the wizard Thomas recruits supporters to free his imprisoned body by recounting the story of how he inadvertantly began this war against the Orcs.